> currently I am looking for options on how to speed up
> spamassassin 2.54.

Hi Jochen,

I've been considering the idea proferred at
http://www.advosys.ca/papers/printable/postfix-filtering.html
under "A Word About Performance"

<quoted>
The method shown here is an easy and reliable way to filter messages with Postfix.
However, performance suffers because each e-mail message has the overhead of invoking
a shell, starting the Perl interpreter, and creating a temporary file.

The file creation overhead can be greatly reduced by mounting directory
/var/spool/filter as a memory filesystem ("tmpfs" in Linux and Solaris). These
filesystems are thousands of times faster than physical disk and are ideal for
short-lived temp files.
</quoted>

-tom