We just delete it!

However, we have very strong whitelisting - e.g. any time anyone sends to
someone outside the company, that person is whitelisted.

Wrolf Courtney
Donovan Data Systems, Inc.
(212) 633-5470

|---------+--------------------------------------------->
|         |           Andreas Stollar                   |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           |
|         |           Sent by:                          |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           ceforge.net                       |
|         |                                             |
|         |                                             |
|         |           09/05/2003 12:26 PM               |
|         |                                             |
|---------+--------------------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |        To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                       |

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Phil N wrote:

> I was wondering if I could get some feedback from people that are doing
> more than just identifying spam in the subject for their users to handle
> themselves.
>
> Specifically:
>
> - are you deleting any messages marked as spam?
> - how are you determining when to delete it (all identified? Score >=
> x.xx?)
> - are you queuing message that you delete?
> - what sort of message do you send to the user if you delete a spam?
> - if you queue the message, what mechanism do you use to allow the user
> to determine if s/he really wants or gets the message?

Hi,

We have a set up that uses maildrop to deliver messages marked as spam to
the users 'spam' folder. This is a standard IMAP folder that can be viewed
by any IMAP client, or webmail. Since this affects users storage quota, we
run a script that archives messages in every users spam folder >14 days
old. We keep the archives around for a while, but have yet to have anyone
request retrieval of anything from their spam folder. This seems to work
ok, except the archiving takes up a lot of space, than god for NetApp
filers, just slap a few more disk shelves in there. Hope this helps.

Andreas