I know that this “really” is the wrong list to be posting this question to….  BUT… The amavis-user list is not working at the moment (at least for me) and I am wondering if perhaps one of you may have the answer to these questions….. So…  At the risk of MUCH flame……

From my understanding, Amavis-New does the Razor Checking not through SA but through itself.  This is according to the Release Notes (docs, yes docs)…..

  Amavisd-new handles Razor checks directly to be able to exercise

  more control over it than would otherwise be available through SA:

  timing, signatures are needed for insertion into header, skips one-liner

  body checks which are common Razor false-positives. To avoid SA calling

  Razor again, either keep the default setting 'local_tests_only=>1',

  or set 'score RAZOR_CHECK 0' in the SA configuration.

The questions that I have are:

1)       How can I check to see if the emails are being tagged from Razor if they are not going through SA?  I checked the headers of the spams that I am getting and did not find one email that was flagged by Razor (out of 44K emails).

2)       Is the Razor system automated in how it learns emails?  If there is a spam that makes it through, what is the best way to report this to Razor?  According to their docs (yes, again, reading the docs), you have to get a Plugin (that costs money) for Outlook. Is it not the point to have free methods of reporting spam?

3)       If Amavis-New is not checking Razor for every email, then how do I get it to check Razor?  (Not through SA but through Amavis-New)

Thank you for any help.

John