At 02:22 14/09/2003, you wrote:
My questions I guess are:

1 Is it possible to install Spam Assassin for filtering & deleting the spam without altering the existing sendmail configuration? If so, could somoeone point me to some sort of wlakthrough or eail me with some details please.

Yes. Use MailScanner, it doesn't require any sendmail.cf changes at all.

3 I noticed Mailscanner during searches - is it relatively easy to couple this with Spam Assassin?

Install MailScanner (there are installation guides on www.mailscanner.info), install SpamAssassin (you can skip all the spamd/spamc stuff), just set "Use SpamAssassin = yes" in the MailScanner.conf file.

No need to worry about the locations of any external programs, no need to try to work out exactly what combination of awkward command-line options you need for spamd or spamc, just switch it on.
--
Julian Field Teaching Systems Manager
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Dept. of Electronics & Computer Science