On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 02:07:21 -0500, you wrote:

[much snippage]

>Your options are a) smarthost, or b) get a static allocation with proper
>DNS (forward and reverse) and current domain and SWIP contact info. Make
>sure your mail server sends a FQDN as its HELO greeting and that your
>http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2142.html)
>
>Sorry to be harsh, but spammers, clueless proxy authors and users, and
>vulnerable Windows boxes have made this policy necessary and the best
>you can do is to move your servers or route your mail through more
>legitimate-looking channels. This will require more effort on your part;
>take heart that you're learning a valuable technical skill in the
>process. :/
>
>-- Bob

Bob,  I just REBUILT my system, removing the adsl static IP line.
Covad, you see, cannot deliver what it sells without the active
cooperation of Verizon, who doesn't cooperate.  My other option is
what I'm using now.

I appreciate the advice.

Mike-

P.S.  I just enabled smarthost - we'll see what happens.

Mornings:  Evolution in action.  Only the grumpy will survive.

Please note - Due to the intense volume of spam, we have
installed site-wide spam filters at catherders.com.  If
email from you bounces, try non-HTML, non-encoded,
non-attachments.