Robert:

Thanks for the help.

> Something like
> > body  RM_b_V-drug    /V[Ii1\|[EMAIL PROTECTED]/i
> but for the subject, right?

Yes, this is along the lines of what I wanted since, at least my version of
SA, has only a rudimentary test in the body, which does not of ourse address
the Subject line at all or the various mis-spellings commonly used.

> What do you mean by "systems-wide use", and how much access do you have
> to your full system?

My virtual server is hosted by viaVerio and then I in turn host a bunch of
low-volume sites.  I want to have the "new" rules apply to all of them, so
it would go in the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file.  I do have full
access to that, so that's not an issue.  I have bumped up the Scores for the
tests you mentioned.

Since making my post, I found over the weekend where SA actually keeps it
own Rules files ( i.e., /usr/local/share/spamassassin/ ), so now I can see
the syntax in use on some of the simpler ones and maybe figure out a regex
that will work.

Better yet, I am thinking that I should be able to update the whole
/usr/local/share/spamassassin/ with a more current set of Rules, such as
from the Version that I see has just been released.

> Hope I've helped.

You were a great help and got me thinking that I can see a way to accomplish
the desired result.  Many thanks.

/s/ John