Help!

Is there a problem with the installation of 2.60?  I downloaded a copy of
Spamassassin from the spamassassin.org website.  My RedHat 8.0 system is
fully updated with everything from RH.  I had previously upgraded my 2.31 SA
to 2.55 and had no difficulty.  I have followed the below instructions as
per the INSTALL file and received the results below the instructions:

Alternatively download the tarfile, zipfile or Red Hat RPM from
http://spamassassin.org/ , and install that, like so:

        [unzip/untar the archive]
        cd Mail-SpamAssassin-*
        perl Makefile.PL
        [option: add -DSPAMC_SSL to $CFLAGS to build an SSL-enabled spamc]
        make
        make install                            [as root]

Results:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Mail-SpamAssassin-2.60]# perl Makefile.PL
What email address or URL should be used in the suspected-spam report
text for users who want more information on your filter installation?
(In particular, ISPs should change this to a local Postmaster contact)
default text: [the administrator of that system] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Warning: I could not locate your pod2man program. Please make sure,
         your pod2man program is in your PATH before you execute 'make'

Writing Makefile for Mail::SpamAssassin
Makefile written by ExtUtils::MakeMaker 6.03
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Mail-SpamAssassin-2.60]# make
Makefile:94: *** missing separator.  Stop.

I checked the pod2man file and it is on the system and is located in the
$PATH

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Mail-SpamAssassin-2.60]# locate pod2man
/usr/bin/pod2man
/usr/share/man/man1/pod2man.1.gz

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Mail-SpamAssassin-2.60]# echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:
/roo
t/bin

I have tried this setting LANG=en_US as per the INSTALL file which did not
make a difference.

Would appreciate someone's help!!!

Thank you!

Greg Ennis