Hi folks,

I think I've got the same problem that Dan described a couple of days
ago.

I set up new 2.60er SA (I previously used 2.43, so I got no old bayes-
data) and began to train the bayes-filter with my spam-mbox file.

I trained the ham afterwards, and when I looked into the db it said,
that there where thousands of tokens, but no Spam/Ham learned.
So I follwed the tip someone said to Dan, to maybe let SA forget about
the Mail again and than retrain it. After forgeting my mboxes, SA said
that there where no more Spam/Ham in the DB (there have been some
autolearned mails in between those 2 tests, but they where gone also).
The database was still 2.5 Megabytes in size.

Nevertheless, I retrained my Spam into it.

that's the way it looked right after training with my spam-mbox:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] robert]$ sa-learn --dump magic
0.000       0          2          0  non-token data: bayes db version
0.000       0        935          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000       0          1          0  non-token data: nham
0.000       0       4369          0  non-token data: ntokens
0.000       0  956178072          0  non-token data: oldest atime
0.000       0 1064997122          0  non-token data: newest atime
0.000       0 1064513600          0  non-token data: last journal sync
atime
0.000       0 1064513600          0  non-token data: last expiry atime
0.000       0          0          0  non-token data: last expire atime
delta
0.000       0          0          0  non-token data: last expire
reduction count

The one ham must have been a autolearned one.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] robert]$ sa-learn --dump magic
0.000       0          0          0  non-token data: bayes db version
0.000       0          0          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000       0          0          0  non-token data: nham
0.000       0          0          0  non-token data: ntokens
0.000       0          0          0  non-token data: oldest atime
0.000       0          0          0  non-token data: current scan-count
0.000       0          0          0  non-token data: last expiry atime

After the training of 1100 Ham Mails (that's not all, the training is
still running), i took a look into it again and saw the above.

This is exactly the same that happened before, SA pretends that there
is no Spam/Ham learned, but otherwise, if you relearn a particular
message again in debug-Mode, it says it's already learnt this one
correctly and won't learn it again.

Here's the debug output when scanning a message:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] robert]$ spamassassin -D -t -P <sample-spam.txt
The -P option has been removed.
debug: Score set 0 chosen.
debug: running in taint mode? yes
debug: Running in taint mode, removing unsafe env vars, and resetting
       PATH
debug: PATH included '/usr/local/bin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/bin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/usr/bin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/usr/X11R6/bin', keeping.
debug: PATH included '/home/robert/bin', which doesn't exist, dropping.
debug: Final PATH set to: /usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
debug: using "/usr/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
debug: using "/home/robert/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: using "/home/robert/.spamassassin/user_prefs" for user prefs
       file
debug: using "/home/robert/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: bayes: 31119 tie-ing to DB file R/O
       /home/robert/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
debug: bayes: 31119 tie-ing to DB file R/O
       /home/robert/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 0
debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 0 spam(s) in
       Bayes DB < 200
debug: bayes: 31119 untie-ing
debug: bayes: 31119 untie-ing db_toks
debug: bayes: 31119 untie-ing db_seen
debug: Score set 1 chosen.
debug: Initialising learner
debug: using "/home/robert/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: bayes: 31119 tie-ing to DB file R/O
       /home/robert/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
debug: bayes: 31119 tie-ing to DB file R/O
       /home/robert/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 0
debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 0 spam(s) in
       Bayes DB < 200
debug: bayes: 31119 untie-ing
debug: bayes: 31119 untie-ing db_toks
debug: bayes: 31119 untie-ing db_seen
debug: Loading languages file...
debug: Language possibly: en
debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
.
. and so on..
.

Is it possible that is has something to do with the "Use of
uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at /usr/lib/../BayesStore.pm line
1281" error, which I got when first initialising the Bayes-DB? I found
that there are some postings on this in the archive, which I'm about to
read next.

ciao,
Robert
--
Mouse: An advanced input device to make computer errors easier to
generate.