The following slips through due to "USER_IN_WHITELIST", however, this user is not whitelisted in local.cf or user_prefs, nor are the domains.

The server runs postfix+amavisd and I believe the whitelisting takes place from the amavisd config. I'm unable to figure out how though, the config is pretty out-of-the-box.

1) What version are you running?

2) there are default whitelists in /usr/share/spamassasin/60_whitelists.cf, these come with spamassassin out of the box and have always been there.

3) There were some bugs in whitelist_from_rcvd that allowed spammers to forge them, when it should be impossible. The last of these bugs was fixed in 2.60.

Aha! paypal.com is whitelisted in 60_whitelists.cf. That explains it. I'm running 2.60 BTW, sorry for the diminutive info in original post but the spams were flooding in so I felt in kind of a hurry.

Thanks a lot!