I've been able to re-discover pyzor servers (and it always winds up with the same
server) and get pyzor working for a couple hours before the "couldn't grok response
'...TimeoutErrors'" begins again.  I've disabled Pyzor and just written it off to my
own ignorance.  Basically once it starts not grokking, it successfully queries roughly
10% of the time.  And I've increased the timeout beyond belief, too.  Idunno.
Disabled works for me, at this point.