On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, O-Zone wrote:

> Hi all,
> here's my problem, AGAIN ! I've checked perms into /usr/share/spamassassin and
> are all owned by spamfilter user. This is my startup command:
>
> /usr/bin/spamd -a -C /etc/mail/spamassassin/ -d -u spamfilter -m 10

It may still be a permissions problem.
One time I updated some perl modules as root with my "umask" = 077.
All the tests ran fine as root but things didn't work. When I finally
ran the test as my 'spamd' user I saw the permissions errors.

login (or "su -") to your 'spamfilter' user account on the mail server.
Run the 'lint' test with debugging to see what does (or does not) go.

  spamassassin -D --lint

If that looks OK, try feeding the test-spam message to spamassassin
(again as your 'spamfilter' user and with -D ).

If that looks OK, then alter your spamd startup script to add the
'-D' debugging option and look at the logging output when you
feed a test message to spamc

One of the above three steps is practically guaranteed to show
you something wrong.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>