Matt Kettler writes:
 > At 11:36 PM 10/9/03 -0400, System Administration wrote:
[snip]
 > >For some reason I can't get spam reporting to work from this account.  Razor
 > >is installed and the Razor2 patch is install in perl but still no luck.  I
 > >tried Googling on the main error messages and only found someone else with the
 > >same problem but no answers.  SA is finding spam and kicking it out via
 > >procmail for all other accounts on this system so that part's alive and
 > >well.
 >
 > Is the message really a 100% complete RFC 822 email, no mime parts stripped?

Um, I'm inclinde to think "100% complete RFC 822 email" and spam are almost,
by definition, mutually exclusive.  [grin]  As to stripped MIME, insofar as I
know, that didn't happen.  That is, I don't have demime or something
functionally similar in place.

 > I've often got similar messages when a message was stripped down and all
 > the non-mime sections were removed.. razor caught on to the fact that it
 > the Content-Type was multi-part and had a boundary declared, but there were
 > no boundaries in the message since it was stripped down to the text parts
 > as the mail-client yanked off all the attachments and embedded images.

I follow what you're saying but the problem seen in the log is unique to
username "system".  Other usernames/accounts on this system do just fine with
reporting Nigerian letters, etc. to razor.  I'm wondering if username system
has somehow not been set up to access razor properly.

 > >I'm particularly puzzled by the "no Internet hashing methods" message - I
 > >have a vague recollection of seeing something about this in a FAQ but
 > >can't find it now.
 >
 > "internet hashing methods" refers to Razor, Pyzor and DCC collectively, as
 > they are all systems which fundamentaly work by calculating a hash (ie:
 > SHA1) of the message or some parts of it. This message means that between
 > the three, none are installed and correctly accepting the report. (in your
 > case it looks like razor isn't accepting the report, and dcc/pyzor aren't
 > installed).

OK, thanks for the explanation.  In fact only razor support is installed here.

I'll try flushing out "system"'s knowledge of razor and try to re-register
it.

Rick Emerson