On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 08:58, Matt Kettler wrote:
> Yes, but it's also a security risk to run spamd/spamc both always as root,
> which is why SA is falling back to "nobody" in the first place.
>
> Certainly the better solution is to specify a non-root user with the -u
> parameter, however, baring that, SA will by default fall back to
> least-privilege.
I agree with that... Unfortunately (see my other message to the list), I
get errors in syslog when I run using -u root. For some reason it
doesn't seem to be able to communicate with spamd once I change that
parameter...

Thanks!
--
David A. Bartmess
Software Configuration Manager / Sr. Software Developer