On 10/14/03 11:19 AM, Chris Santerre sat at the `puter and typed:
> Did anyone else get a nasty email this morning? I did! This weekend ROCKED
> for my SA config. Jennifer, if you were here I'd kiss you and the deaf cat
> ;) Your rules bring a huge smile to my logs! Now check out this fan mail:
>
> *Warning, foul language nearby*
>
> "
> You are a piss head for hacking my site and informing my isp !!! Fuck you
> nigger.
>
> if your a man you should come here and tell me in my face
> A man needs to make a living you know, Now you think my isp is going to do
> something to stop me ?
>
> FUCK YOU
>
> Nice try. I have added your email address to every fucking spam list I can
> find
>
> Next time youll fuck with the right person
> "
>
> Ahahahah, oh and their ISP took down the account!! And this email was sent
> from a UPENN account!! Guess who got an email today? Yup, UPENN abuse!
> Apparently I'm not the only one getting these. I tracked down the provider's
> provider's provider. :-) Anyone who reported this guy got nasty email. Funny
> thing is, I never reported anyone. He must have had a domain in my evil
> rules! But the only domain I have for him was www.kievonline.org which
> wasn't in them, so it must have been another.
>
> The provider said it was a russian reseller who sold to a ukraine customer.
> Yet the whois is in dallas with fax and phone outside the US. :)
>
> Added me to every spam list! THANKS!!! So you want to send spam to the guy
> who takes the spam, makes a list, that others download to block? LOL.  They
> just don't get it do they? Taking me off the lists would help spammers more!
> I have no honeypot emails, just legit ones they send to.
>
> What a great morning this has been! :-)
>
> Chris Santerre
> System Admin and SA Custom Rules Emporium keeper
> http://www.merchantsoverseas.com/wwwroot/gorilla/sa_rules.htm
> "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy
> Wonka

Ok, I'm in.  What rules did you use for this?  I've got honeypot
addresses and legit ones.  I'd love to start shutting down these
buggers.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Binary, adj.:
  Possessing the ability to have friends of both sexes.