I've done a little examination of the Bayes data for my own
site (which hasn't built up to full size yet) to see whether
"To" and "Received" tokens are useful.

"To" tokens that are good spam indicators include "WEBMASTER"
(in all caps) and the username for a nonexistent address which
has apparently found its way onto a lot of spam lists.

"To" tokens that are good nonspam indicators include some from
various e-mail lists that recipients at my site subscribe to
and some from the addresses of people not at my site who are
frequently included on the "To" line of mail sent to people
here.

"Received" tokens that are good spam indicators include some
indicating that the mail went through one of my backup mail
servers.  The main mail server is very reliable, so little
nonspam goes through the backups, whereas spammers often send
mail directly to the backups in an attempt to bypass filtering.

"Received" tokens that are good nonspam indicators include some
indicating that the mail came from servers at organizations
that frequently send legitimate mail to our users.

It seems to me that "Received" and "To" are useful in the
Bayesian analysis.

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Washington, DC