On 21-Oct-2003 Matt Kettler wrote:
> At 10:19 PM 10/20/03 +0200, Marco Calistri wrote:
>Hello, first of all I want to make my compliments to the developers that are
>spending their time to fight the SPAM and of course, among these thanks to SA
>Team.

>My first question (the first of a long series...) is:

Well, my first comment, before I get to your question, is to telly you to
fix your local.cf. You've got a "defang_mime" statement, and that command
hasn't been supported since 2.4x.

Run spamassasssin --lint to make sure there's no other syntax errors. This
is something you should run every time you upgrade and/or edit local.cf.

Thanks for this suggestion...

>I compiled/installed SA 2.60 with Razor2, then by reading about DCC, I
>compiled/installed also this enhancement without to recompile SA neither
>razor.
>By running spamassassin -r -D < somespam, I noticed that SA recognize DCC and
>use it to check the mail, but what is the case by running spamc through
>procmail having spamd on the background? How can I see if spamd is checking
>mail over DCC? I get razor reports on headers but never seen DCC reports
>on it.

You should only need to restart spamd to have it start using DCC.. both
spamassassin and spamd check for dcc, razor, and pyzor automatically when
they start up and they do it in the same way.

if you really want to watch it go, kill spamd, and start it up in console
mode with debug enabled. You'll need two shell prompts for this.

On the first one, start up console-mode spamd by running:
          spamd -D

Then on the other console, run spamc as a command line and pump mail
through it:
         spamc <sample-spam.txt

When you run spamc, you should see some DCC checking debug output pipe by
on the screen, or a message describing why it couldn't run DCC.

Matt, I've appreciated your hints and I hope to set all to its best.

Regards,Marco