At 08:36 AM 10/22/2003, Scott Rothgaber wrote:
My Bayes database finally got its 200 spams and hams and kicked in. I've noticed, however, that it *always* says that the probability is 99%. Is this normal?

No.. It is however quite normal for nearly all spams to be at 99% and nearly all nonspam to be at 0.

For example, out of 856 spam messages sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], 828 of them scored BAYES_99.

But if you're getting 99 on nonspam, something is wrong with your training.