On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Ian Douglas wrote:
> > > NOW I see auto-whitelist and 'bayes' files that are exceeding 1MB in size,
> > > each. Is this 'normal'?
>
> Any permission issues to take into account if you make the owner of the file
> something other than the user's login name?

Minor issues. I am more concerned with the size of the files, and their
total impact on our file space allocation, and any implications of having
multiple mail processes each reading through a couple of MB+ files.
If this is 'normal', then I guess I'm okay with it......

> If you change the owner of the filename but maintain writable
> permission to the files otherwise, you effectively have no quota issue
> as someone else will own the files, correct?

Or I can maintain ownership and place the files on a non-quota device.
Though I think I like your idea better - that way all user files are in
one place when I go to remove a user....

I'll think about this one. Thanks!

- Charles