Hello...

I've done a search of the archives and, I saw a post back in May that is
similar to what I'm dealing with.  Here's a snippet from the archives:

> Subject: Re: Obfuscating HTML Comment Rule Not Working
> From: Matthew Cline <matt <at> nightrealms.com>
> Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 16:26:30 -0700
> Newsgroups: gmane.mail.spam.spamassassin.general
>
> On Saturday 03 May 2003 11:29 am, David Hubbard wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >     apparently html comments don't have to have
> > the dash dash portion of the comment code.  For
> > example, I just got that increasingly common
> > "As see on on NBC, CBS, CNN, etc." HGH email and
> > the html code starts like this for example:
> >
> > As seen on N<!9[di|[z|9d99R0,sz>B<!9[di|[z|9d99R0,sz>C,
> > C<!9[di|[z|9d99R0,sz>B<!9[di|[z|9d99R0,sz>S,
>
> This is being worked on in the development version of SA.

I'm running SpamAssassin 2.60, and I'm noticing some obfuscating
comment-like stuff that is not being picked up by the obfuscating_comments
tag.  For example, I see stuff like this from time to time:

Me<wEW>n, Yo<w>u Wi<MrE>sh Yo<Qz>u Ha<nFN>d a<GjN> Big<QdbD>ger
=<wqnA>=> W<mP>e Ca<EdI>n He<TE>lp yo<Xqm>u Saf<Yk>ely Guara<qeAK>nteed

It isn't caught because it isn't a "strict" HTML comment, but when viewed
as HTML, these obfuscating "tags" are invisible.  Is this also being
worked on for a future release?

Thanks,

--jenni