-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Kohn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 8:09 AM
To: Howard Brazee; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [SAtalk] Newbie

This should be a FAQ:

Q. How do I get SpamAssassin to mark as spam all Window patch emails
that include an executable?

A.  Add the following line to your user-prefs (normally
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs):

score MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE 10

          - dan

I FTP'd my config file down, changed it, and FTP'd it back up (and copied it below).
The e-mail server said that they had the filter set to 3 (their choices are 1, 2, &
3).   I want to change it back down.   Do you know how I can do it?
Also, the documentation talks about how SpamAssassin learns from experience.   Does
that apply to a server side filter?   If so, how do I tell it something is SPAM?

# SpamAssassin user preferences file.  See 'man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf' for
# details of what can be tweaked.
#*
#* Note: this file is never read by SpamAssassin.  Instead, it will be copied
#* to a user's home directory, allowing them to perform personalised
#* customisation.  If you want to make changes to the site-wide defaults,
#* create a file in /etc/spamassassin or /etc/mail/spamassassin instead.

# How many hits before a mail is considered spam.
required_hits           2

# Whitelist and blacklist addresses are now file-glob-style patterns, so
# "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", or "*.domain.net" will all work.
# whitelist_from        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

# Add your own customised scores for some tests below.  The default scores are
# read from the installed spamassassin rules files, but you can override them
# here.  To see the list of tests and their default scores, go to
# http://spamassassin.org/tests.html .
#
# score SYMBOLIC_TEST_NAME n.nn
score MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE 10