From: Gustafson, Tim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 12:24
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [SAtalk] Question Re: SpamAssassin Port on FreeBSD 4.9

Hello

I have installed SpamAssassin from the FreeBSD port
(/usr/ports/mail/spamass-milter/) and it is generally working fine.  I
tried
to set up SQL user preferences by adding the following to my
/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file (which I know is the
correct
one because all the other preferences in this file are working):

user_scores_dsn DBI:mysql:ws1001:localhost
user_scores_sql_username MYLOGIN
user_scores_sql_password MYPASSWORD
user_scores_sql_table SPAMAssassinPreferences
user_scores_sql_field_username EMailAddress
user_scores_sql_field_preference Preference
user_scores_sql_field_value Value

The table is defined in the database as:

CREATE TABLE SPAMAssassinPreferences (
  ID int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  EMailAddress char(100) NOT NULL default '',
  Preference char(100) NOT NULL default '',
  Value char(100) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (ID)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

I inserted a row into this table:

+------+-----------------+---------------+-------+
| ID   | EMailAddress    | Preference    | Value |
+------+-----------------+---------------+-------+
| 1000 | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | required_hits | 4.7   |
+------+-----------------+---------------+-------+

And then I stopped and re-started spamd on my server.  SpamAssassin
still
runs, but it does not seem to pay any attention to this table at all.
It
issues no error messages regarding SQL, and does not display the line
'retrieving prefs for <username> from SQL server' as the README file in
the
SQL folder says it should.

Am I doing something wrong?  Can someone please clue me in as to what I
might be missing?

Thanks.

Tim