qmail puts Envelope-Sender in the headers, postfix puts Return-Path I
believe.  spamassassin looks for both to check your whitelist_from's
against.... notice how all 3 below work....

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# echo -e "Envelope-Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" | spamc -u
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envelope-Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        *  1.9 DATE_MISSING Missing Date: header
        *  2.0 FROM_NO_LOWER 'From' has no lower-case characters
        *  -25 USER_IN_WHITELIST From: address is in the user's
white-list

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# echo -e "Return-Path: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" | spamc -u
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        *  1.9 DATE_MISSING Missing Date: header
        *  2.0 FROM_NO_LOWER 'From' has no lower-case characters
        *  -25 USER_IN_WHITELIST From: address is in the user's
white-list

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# echo -e "From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" | spamc -u
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        *  0.2 NO_REAL_NAME From: does not include a real name
        *  1.9 DATE_MISSING Missing Date: header
        * -1.5 BAYES_01 BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 1 to 10%
        *      [score: 0.0131]
        *  -25 USER_IN_WHITELIST From: address is in the user's
white-list

would be nice if it were a standard across all MTA's...  something like

Dallas