Matt Kettler wrote:
>> At 05:23 PM 10/29/2003, Greg Earle wrote:
>> I've run "truss" on the running "spamd" and I'm not seeing anything in
>> the truss output that points to where it's looking for the ndbm file
>> that it doesn't like.  The only lines that are relevant to Bayes-named
>> files are:
>>
>> 18263:  open("//.spamassassin/bayes_journal", O_WRONLY|O_APPEND|O_CREAT,
>> 0666)
>
> Hmm, that looks like SA thinks the user home directory is "/"... not good.

Well, this is with Courier, everything runs as user "courier" and
all the files are owned by user "courier".  As you can see from the
"ls" output, I used to have per-user files back in August, but it
wasn't working (for reasons I've forgotten) and now it "works" with
everything going into "/.spamassassin", except for this un-debuggable
problem with the phantom ndbm database that cropped up a week ago.

If it helps, I'm involking "spamd" via

spamd -d -q -a -r /var/run/spamd.pid -u courier --nouser-config \
--virtual-config='/var/maildirs/virtual/my.do.main/spamassassin'

My previous attempts at getting a working "spamd" running were:

# spamd -d -a -c -r /var/run/spamd.pid -u courier -Q -x \
--virtual-config='/var/maildirs/virtual/my.do.main/spamassassin'

# spamd -d -a -r /var/run/spamd.pid -u courier -Q -x \
--virtual-config-dir='/var/maildirs/virtual/my.do.main/spamassassin/%l'

I'd actually prefer this last one, but it didn't work right, for some reason.

        - Greg

P.S. Surely there's a Perl debugger wizard out there who can tell me how
     to print out what ndbm file BayesStore.pm is gagging on?!?