Hello Paul,

Wednesday, November 5, 2003, 10:15:17 AM, you wrote:

PH> Problem is paranoia about blocking legit mail (not so
PH> much on my part but my bosses).

Paul, my MTA blocked email returns messages like this:

550 5.7.1 SPAM Domain blocked - See
http://nospam.ourdomain.com/

The text on the nospam page explains our policy, what
mechanisms we use to block spam in general terms [for
example, we explain that we use content blocking but we
don't detail what software we use], and provides a
non-filtered alternative email address to send whitelist
requests.

I have no evidence after many months of filtering that we
have actually blocked anyone legit; certainly I have never
received any complaints or communications regarding this.
However, this certainly gives me peace of mind knowing that
IF we did inadvertantly block legit email, the user would
receive a bounce message providing an alternative route to
communicate.

-Abigail