--On Wednesday, November 05, 2003 10:29 PM -0500 Bill Baker
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I received 3 identical spams from the same e-mail address that did not
> get classified as spam.  I tried to do a sa-learn --spam on the message,
> and it said it learned from 1 message, but when I tried to filter the
> message again, the Bayesian filter says that the spam probability is 0
> to 1%.  I even tried to add the sender's address to the blacklist, but
> it only worked on the first message, even though all three messages were
> sent from the same address.  I have used sa-learn on other messages and
> it always seems to work.  But this time it didn't.  Can anyone tell me
> what I can do to get Spamassassin to recognize it as spam?

I may be wrong as I'm not the primary admin for our SA installation,
however the way I understood it is that learning a message as spam won't
automatically mark similar future messages as spam - a number of ham and
spam messages must be learned for the training to be effective.

As to then blacklisting the address... Perhaps the Sender, From or Reply-To
field is different on the three messages?

Evan