Jim Knuth wrote:
Hallo und guten Abend Edward,

danke für die Email, die Du am 05.11.2003 um 02:15 schriebst - you wrote:

Jim Knuth wrote:

of course, I use Debian too. Why read SA in two folders (configs)?
What is with /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf ? Ignore? Can I delete this?

No, you cannot delete that, since /etc/mail/spamassassin is a symlink to ../spamassassin

# ls -l /etc/mail/spamassassin
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Oct 8 01:40 /etc/mail/spamassassin -> ../spamassassin

no, it is`nt there by me.
--snip
ls -l /etc/mail/spamassassin
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           15 Oct  8 01:40
--snap
thats all.

Interesting...

What version of Debian? Mine is a mixture of Woody, Testing and Unstable...

# file /etc/mail/spamassassin /etc/mail/spamassassin: symbolic link to `../spamassassin'

Versions of packages spamassassin depends on:
ii debconf 1.3.15 Debian configuration management sy
ii libhtml-parser-perl 3.28-3 A collection of modules that parse
ii perl 5.8.1-4 Larry Wall's Practical Extraction
ii spamc 2.60-2 Client for perl-based spam filteri