My guess - if you examine the headers of your spam messages you will see
that some message are 'autolearned'. Message that generate a high enough
'spam value' get internally fed to 'sa-learn' and are marked with
'autolearn=spam' in the X-Spam-Status header. Once a message has been
trained via sa-learn it will not be 'learned from' again. To test this:

1)Submit a new spam/ham message to sa-learn and it will report
   Learned from 1 message(s) (1 message(s) examined)
2) Resubmit the same thing and you will get
   Learned from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined)

This is my understanding - hope it is correct and that it helps.

'learned from'. a) if it was autolearned b) if it was trained previously