Thanks.. ut yes Ishold have stated that.. stop & start..

[root admin]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamd stop
Shutting down spamd: ok
[root admin]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamd start
Starting spamd:  spamdCould not create INET socket: Address already in use
IO::Socket::INET: Address already in use

Any other ideas???

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Spamassassin 2.54 Cobalt Raq4 w/sendmail, mailscanner, Clam antivirus
>
> After making some changes to my custom.cf  I tried to restart spamd:
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamd restart
>
> I get returned with:
> spamdCould not create INET socket: Address already in use
> IO::Socket::INET:
> Address already in use
>
> what could be the problem here and how do I restart spamd to get it to see
> my new rules short of rebooting the server (which IMHO is a bit extreme)
>
> thanks
>
>From looking at the spamd.sh script There is only a stop and start
commands.  I would use spamd stop then spamd start.  If you know how to
script, you could modify the spamd.sh file and make a restart command that
would stop the spamd wait 5 seconds and start it....