> On 11 Nov 2003, at 13:52, Jennifer Wheeler wrote:
>> Popcorn Only - http://spamhammers.nxtek.net/popcorn.cf
>> Backhair Only - http://spamhammers.nxtek.net/backhair.cf
>> Weeds Only - http://spamhammers.nxtek.net/weeds.cf
>
> Why "Popcorn", "Backhair", and "Weeds"??
>
> as opposed to "snarkle", "filgret", and "ashcroft", for example...

Whew...  Finally, a question I'm able to answer on this list!...  unable
to decipher if you are being funny or sarcastic, ( i'll assume the former)
but i shall reply no less, maybe just because i can.  :)  I'll go along
with madness, but at least there is method.

Nutshell:  Started using spamassassin about 3 1/2 months ago.  I don't
know perl, "learned" (??heh) regex from writing spamassassin rules, and
I'm reading a book right now on qmail!...  but give me a 5 car highway
collision and i could triage that in my sleep.  Worked as a medic since i
was 18 (many years), and now I'm in web dabbling in etcetera.  I only tell
ya this because i never thought i would be sharing any of my rules with
anyone.  Not stingy, just never thought i'd come up with anything other
than the obvious /v[1\|[EMAIL PROTECTED](edit for the list)[a\a]/i.   So i named my
rules based on things they reminded me of and i could watch them to make
sure i wasn't destroying the mail system.  when i saw how effective they
were, i couldn't 'not share'.

Popcorn-random ridiculous tags exploging here and there and  blowing
normal spam words into the netherworld.  I underestimated their
sneakiness, they irritated me, and i came up with the set.

Backhair-unsightly tags here and there.  easy to figure out, especially if
you watch queer eye for the straight guy and the morbid back waxings they
put themselves through.  I've always found unwanted hair removal amusing
and confusing...

weeds-even more obvious if you look in the source.  I like my html to be
pretty.  So give me some Paxil and maybe I'd see that one differently.  i
suppose then i might have called it confetti.  just looked like weeds in
the source to me.

point bein'...i named them for me to remember, and knowing nobody else
would be naming rules similar to mine, so adding rules would not be a
problem.  When i saw they were fairly lethal, and spammers started being
even more blatant with what they did or said in emails (thinking they
could taunt us and get through no matter what), i decided to share the
wealth.  and because i was so fond of the work they did to so many
spams....i grew attached to the names.  i think and remember things in odd
ways, so why change when peeps can rename.

you may feel free to rename your sets, your names are cute and catchy.  I
hope you learn to love them as much as i have, and name 'em with whatever
moves ya.  :)  I suppose after what i've seen, it's hard to take a lot of
things too darned seriously. Maybe had i known these would be posted, i
would have come up with some very logical techy term  :)  just having a
bit of a time making the transition even after being away from the
'streets' for awhile now.

I'm sure you didn't really want an answer  :)
Enjoy the carnage.  the last corn is good,
Jennifer