-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Terry
Milnes
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 4:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SAtalk] Bounce all but whitelist

Haha I just had to try this.... Blacklist [EMAIL PROTECTED] in the db for that particular user, then add his acceptable senders as whitelisted entries.

Don't know about any negative ramifications, but it does work and will
fit in with the way you want it to.

tm

Tim Merkel wrote:

I have a client who wishes to only allow mail into his inbox that is
explicitly allowed via his white list.  Yahoo currently allows you to do
this (which is where they got the idea).

I currently host multiple domains using postfix virtual mailboxes with
spamc/spamd (config files below).  spamd is reading user preferences from
mysql.  I would like to implement this so that this particular client
could use this functionality without affecting the way SA handles other
users spam.

Is there a user preference I can use to accomplish this?  I have
considered writing my own logic into my 'postfixfilter' to check the
userpref table in MySQL before calling spamc. Has anybody has success with
this.  Can anyone think of a better solution for this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tim Merkel

#/etc/postfix/main.cf (abbreviated)
#
=========================================================================#
service
type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command + args
#               (yes)   (yes)   (yes)   (never) (100)
#

inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
 -o content_filter=spamfilter:
spamfilter unix -       n       n       -       -       pipe
 flags=Rq user=spamfilter argv=/usr/bin/postfixfilter -f ${sender} --
${recipient}

#/usr/bin/postfixfilter /usr/bin/spamc -u $4 | /usr/sbin/sendmail -i "$@" exit $?

#ps aux | grep spam
1011      8027  0.0  3.1 20168 16216 ?       S    Nov05   0:03
/usr/bin/spamd -d -c -a -x -q -u spamfilter