On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Martin McWhorter wrote:

I am having a problem with whitelist_from_rcvd not working.

I have Spamassassin running on a redhat 9 box with sendmail 8.12.8 as
our companies gateway MTA. I have MIMEdefang running as well, but with
the Spamassassin portion of the defang.conf commented out and
spamassassin running with the spamass-milter.

Our imap mailboxes are hosted internaly on an NT box running Iplanet
4.15 named mercury. All mail in and out goes through the
sendmail-spamassassin MTA.

In the spamassasin conf I have:

whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED] mercury.prairiegroup.com
[snip..]

whitelist_from_rcvd needs appropriate values for the trusted_networks
parameter before it works.
Given that you have a firewall configuration with internal/exteral
addresses on that SA box, it might be confused when trying to
automagically determinte trusted_networks.

Try explicitly setting trusted_networks.

Other possiblity, that "Add to Address Book" stuff in the 'From:'
field might be confusing SA.

Silly question, why are you scanning your outgoing messages?
(Don't you trust your users not to spam? :)

You've got two seperate interfaces on that redhat box. Set up a
sendmail w/ SA on the external IP for incoming mail and another
one w/o SA on the internal IP for outgoing mail.

Dave

#include <std_disclaimer.h>