From: Richard Bewley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2003 9:04 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: SpamAssassin with postfix as a gateway

Hi,

I am currently running postfix a gateway for incoming mail, which has a transport.map file configured to forward the mail to another pop3 mail server.  The contents of my local.cf are as follows:

# How many hits before a message is considered spam.

required_hits          1.0

# Whether to change the subject of suspected spam

rewrite_subject 1

# Text to prepend to subject if rewrite_subject is used

subject_tag [SPAM]

# Encapsulate spam in an attachment

report_safe             1

# Use terse version of the spam report

use_terse_report 0

# Enable the Bayes system

use_bayes               1

# Enable Bayes auto-learning

auto_learn              1

# Enable or disable network checks

skip_rbl_checks         0

use_razor2              1

use_dcc                 1

use_pyzor               1

# Mail using languages used in these country codes will not be marked

# as being possibly spam in a foreign language.

# - english french

ok_languages            en fr

# Mail using locales used in these country codes will not be marked

# as being possibly spam in a foreign language.

ok_locales              en

report_header 1

fold_headers 1

spam_level_stars 1

---- SNIP ---

I am also trying to use procmailrc with this, which contains:

:0fw: spamassassin.lock

* < 256000

| spamassassin

I also tried this with spamc instead of spamassassin there, and a few others from other mailing lists.

Main.cf of postfix also contains this line:

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail

Am I going about this the wrong way, and is there another recommended way of using this as a gateway?

Thanks,

Richard