I've got a quick perl question:

I have a 'badrule' which searches for / badtext / and gives lots of
points
I have another 'goodrule' which searches for / badtext goodtext / and
subtracts lots of points (enough to more than counteract the effects of
badrule containing 'xyz')

My problem: if the spam contains "badtext" followed by a carriage return
instead of a space and then followed by "goodtext", the goodrule doesn't
activate.

How do I contruct a proper perl expression to search for / badtext
goodtext / where the seaprating character can be a space or a carriage
return (newline?) ?

Thanks!