Good morning, James,

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, James Nonya wrote:

> I'm running Slackware 8.1 which comes with perl 5.6.1.
>  I've been running spamd just fine since 2.55 was
> released.  I compile and install SA 2.60 and all goes
> well.  When I try to start spamd here's what I get:
>
> Insecure directory in $ENV{PATH} while running with -T
> switch at /usr/lib/perl5/Cwd.pm line 92.
>
> I am running spamd as user filter (running this setup
> ->
> http://www.advosys.ca/papers/postfix-filtering.html).
> Filter has:
>
> /bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin set as the $PATH.  Anyone
> have any leads on why this is happening and how I can
> fix it?

        I would _guess_ that one of the directories in your path is either
1) owned by a non-root user or group, or 2) writable by someone other than
root, neither of which is safe.  This might include:
/bin
/usr
/usr/bin
/usr/local
/usr/local/bin

        Cheers,
        - Bill

        "Quote of the day: '"
(Courtesy of Martin Mares <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
William Stearns ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  Mason, Buildkernel, freedups, p0f,
rsync-backup, ssh-keyinstall, dns-check, more at:   http://www.stearns.org
Linux articles at:                         http://www.opensourcedigest.com