Unfortunately, this is not true.  Using Amavis from postfix or sendmail as a
content filter results in exactly the same situation.  The email is sent
from postfix to amavis exactly once with all of the adresses, not once for
each address.  The only way arround this currently (without writing code) is
to run two copies of postfix (which isn't that hard) and put amavis  in
between them.  Then set the transport on the domain of the first one to
deliver to amavis and set the recipient limit on the transport to 1.

So instead of:
        Internet

Amavis--Postfix

          LDA

you have
        Internet

       Postfix #1

         Amavis

       Postfix #2

          LDA

This is getting off topic, so if there are any more questions, taking it to
the postfix or amavis list would be more appropriate since this is not a
spamassassin issue..

Thanks,
Rob Hutton
www.wsafe.com