At 11:06 AM 11/25/2003, McWhirter,Julia wrote:
I have looked through the tests on the spamassassin web site, but to no
avail.

1) that's not a complete email it's only a body with partial headers, thus nobody will be able to test it against spamassassin.

2) these kind of obfuscating strings are very well handled by the bayes subsystem. You might want to consider enabling it and training it. see man sa-learn.

3) consider adding razor and network checks.

4) another part of getting SA to reliably tag emails is to keep it updated. This is a bit of work, but the current version is 2.60, not 2.55. 2.60 has a fresh mass-check/ga run. 2.55 is using the mass-check data from 2.50, but has a newer GA run that was done for 2.54 (I think, or 2.53). Still it's slightly stale.

Note that 2.60 requires razor to be patched to work with razor.

5) there's a lot of custom rule design being done by some enthusiasts. There's no GAing or mass-checking of these rules yet, but some of the rules can be helpful in picking up a particular kind of new spam. www.exit0.us.