Than as far as you knew was incorrect.  spamc doesn't do anything unless
run against spamd, either on your local host or some other host (with -d).
Either spamd was running or you were using the spamassassin perl script.

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, James wrote:

> Thanks for your reply...
> Before I was able to run spamc -c <d:\test.txt and it would return a
> score (standalone). Then spamd wasn't running (far as I knew). So this
> would indicate that spamd is required to be running while spamc is used?
>
> Thanks,
> James

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                                           http://3.am