On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Scott Harris wrote:

> Because I don't have sourceforge whitelisted, 6 of the last 20 messages to
> the list were labeled as spam.
>
> Rules that hit were:
>
>  3.0 BigEvilList_70         BODY: Generated BigEvilList_70
>  3.0 BigEvilList_150        BODY: Generated BigEvilList_150
>  3.0 BigEvilList_175        BODY: Generated BigEvilList_175
>
> 70 and 150 hit in every one, 175 only in a few.
>
> This is # BigEvilList Beta version 1.57a

One way to deal with this is to modify the area that the rules
search. Replace the "rawbody" with "uri" and they will only hit
against references in URLs, not just floating random text.

Most of the spammer use of those domains are inside URLs to
direct victims to spamvertizement sites, so this -should- not
reduce the effectivenss of the rules in the good fight. ;)

Of course, the better way would be to set up an effective whitelist
for this list (that's what I did some time ago).

Dave

#include <std_disclaimer.h>