I can see how using image references could be problematic... just because
an image is referenced, it doesn't mean the spammer controls it.
Personally, for my home grown additions to the evil list, I've been adding
only the domains or IPs that the spammer wants me to click on... but even
this can lead to FPs if you're not careful.

For example, I get a few "Stock Pick" spams that reference legitimate
quote sites... they don't necessarily want you to respond directly to
them, they just want you to buy their stock.

--jenni