On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 01:11:06PM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'd like to back up the journal periodicly to disk.  Right now I have

There's really no point to that.  Just sync the journal to the DB.

> searching through the archives and docs, I've not found anything
> regarding this  issue. How have others solved this problem of backing
> up a live bayes journal database?  Would a perl script using file
> locking be a viable workaround, at least allowing the MTA to continue
> processing email?

sure.  I forget the details of bayes file locking, but you can probably
just make a bayes.lock file (open O_EXCL), copy the DBs, then remove
the lock file.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"This message comes to you in Spanish where translatable." - Theo