> I'm using Postfix + amavisd-new + clamav + spamassassin and it's working
> great, including adding the headers. Here's some things to check:
>   1. in amavisd.conf, set $sa_spam_modifies_subj = 0. The default is to
>      modify the subject, and I'm not sure if this is mutually exclusive
>      with adding headers, so I set it 0, just to be safe.

Ok, done!

>   2. in your spamassassin local.cf file, make sure you have:
>       report_safe 0
>       report_header 1

Done. I even removed all of the other .cf files to be safe

>   3. make sure you don't have multiple spamassassin .cf or user_prefs
>      files that might override one another.
only one - /home/filter/.spamassassin/user_prefs

>   4. make sure you are actually getting some incoming spam with a score
>      greater than 1.0 ($sa_tag_level_deflt); if it's less than that, no
>      headers will be added

up, set the default to -999 so everything would get tagged

>   5. in amavisd.conf, set $log_level = 2 for more logging. This should
>      show both SPAM and SPAM-TAG in the mail log file. This will help
>      verify spam is detected and tagged at the requested level.

Did that too. Still no tagging if it's being relayed. =/
I have postfix set up to check its transport tables for domains to pass
mail along for.. I just dunno why I can't get this working. =/