At 04:33 PM 12/8/2003, David B Funk wrote:
Small enhancement suggestion, modify each one of those '\W' with '?'
thus making successive obfuscating characters optional. With your
rule there -must- be an obfuscating between each regular character,
with the '?', it will catch all permutations of normal and obfuscating
characters.

Or *, to catch more than one obfuscating character..

ie: V...i..a.gr..a

As I suggested in my email, there's lots of combinations that spammers can do to avoid the original rule. There's also lots of ways to construct the rule to get a broader hit-base, at the expense of greater processing time.