Yes, this is what I do and I describe all the details in this
section of my "Reverse Spam Fitlering: Winning Without Fighting"
page:

 <http://www.ii.com/internet/messaging/spam/#SA>

Start reading at the image of the key where it says

 One of the keys to my deflexion strategy is to have the spam
 score (_HITS_) inserted into the beginning of the Subject header.
 This makes it easy to order messages by score because I can
 simply do a sort-by-subject in my mail client. I recommend that
 you surround the Subject tag with braces (squiggly brackets)
 because 1) these tagged Subjects will then sort below almost all
 other Subjects when the Subjects are sorted using an ASCII sort
 (because { is charcter 123 out of 127); and 2) a popular
 alternative, square brackets, will not work in an IMAP sort
 because the IMAP sort specification says to ignore text that is
 in square brackets during a sort. If you want to muck around with
 the format of the _HITS_ token, see Keith C. Ivey's message Re:
 adding SPAM hits score to headers in the SA mailing list.

Hope this helps,
Nancy

--
Nancy McGough