On December 10, 2003 12:35 pm, Dimitar Haralanov wrote:
>       Hi, I was trying to find any information on batching messages with
> spamc and could not find anything so I am asking the list:
>       Is it possible to batch multiple files with spamc? In other words
> instead of redirecting messages one at a time to spamc (spamc [options]
> < message) give spamc a number of files to send to spamd.
>       That could potentially make it easier when one has to filter 100
> messages.
>       The reason I am asking is that often I get >100 messages and when my
> mailer starts filtering them one by one which might be a little slow
> since spamc gets started once per message.

Since spamc is a "a fast, low-overhead C client program", it is already
exceedingly efficient. (as compare to invoking "spamassassin")  Now if you
have a beefy machine, and wish to parallellzie spamd, you may want to look at
the man page of spamd with the switch "-m", which allows you to run multiple
instances of spamd.

Pedro

--
Slowly and surely the unix crept up on the Nintendo user ...