--On Monday, December 15, 2003 12:32:51 -0600 Chris Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bryan Hoover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I was just thinking, I know spam is a big problem, and all that, but
reading the article, I don't know.  I hate to sound schizophrenic,
but I mean, surely these guys are not "hardened criminals".

Bullcrap. It takes someone who is very determined to implement all of the schemes needed to hide their identity that well. Not to mention the fact that what they were selling itself sounds fairly non-legit.

Throw them in with the murderers, rapists, & armed robbers.
Confiscate all of their property ala illegal drug offenses.
what he said.  I work for an ISP, and all the stuff we need to do to
protect our customers from SPAM is amazing.

I'm also amazed at what I need to do to protect my PERSONAL server (more
stringent than the ISP's, but it's a personal server).

Find the spammers, and treat them as the CRIMINALS they are.

-- Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749