Mike Kuentz (2) wrote:
Terry Milnes wrote:
I am not exactly sure what you want, sprintspectrum.com is NOT the same domain as sprint.com, its irelevant that it may be hosted on the same servers and owned by the same people.....

I'm aware that sprintspectrum.com & sprint.com aren't the same
domain, that is exactly the problem. I'm trying to white list mail from
people who's email address is from [EMAIL PROTECTED] Let's use [EMAIL PROTECTED] as an example. Sometimes
[EMAIL PROTECTED] sends me an email. His email comes from the mail server
who's reverse DNS is mail.sprint.com. Other times, [EMAIL PROTECTED] sends
me an email and it comes from the mail server who's reverse DNS is
email.sprintspectrum.com. You put in:

whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED] sprint.com
whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED] sprintspectrum.com

that's not what I want to do because [EMAIL PROTECTED] comes from a server
who's reverse DNS is either sprintspectrum.com or sprint.com. I don't
want to white list [EMAIL PROTECTED] which is what you're 2nd
whitelist_from_rcvd does.

Does it make sense what I'm asking now? I apologize if I didn't explain it well enough originally.

No not entirely, apologies aren't necessary perhaps its me being thick as a plank today....<g>

If mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED] can come from different mail servers @sprint, then surely you would need:

whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED] which would cover the host name.

And if the mail can come from a server with a different host name and domain name like the sprintspectrum.com surely you would need to whitelist that host/domain name combination as well.

I'm wondering if the problem you are experiencing is because you are forgetting the wildcard for the hostname....

BTW What happened to Mike Kuentz (1) and will we be seeing a Mike Kuentz (3) in the near future?

Terry....