Hi!

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 02:30:57PM -0600, Chris Thielen wrote:
> Chris Santerre said:
>
> > I was wondering if possibly in the future, SA could check the URI
> > links against RBLs? They all seem to be using the same servers to host now
> > after they are blacklisted. This way they still get use out of the hosted
> > boxes. Just a thought.
>
> A while back there was a patch posted to SA-Talk that did just that for
> Debian's SpamAssassin 2.60 package.  I was running it until I upgraded to
> SA 2.61.  It worked quite well although the scores that were included with
> the patch were pretty aggressive.

I made them a bit aggressive for testing and adjusted them from time to
time. That is, for "extreme-blackhat" ISPs like Chinanet as well as
SBL-listed hosts I kept the scores between 3 and 4, but I scored down
"darkhat" ISPs like Verio.

> Based on my personal results, I think this would be worthwhile merging
> into the official SA distribution.  I wonder if Florian would be willing
> to submit a bug report to bugzilla with his patch against 2.70 CVS

Within the next few days I'll need a new patch against 2.60 (on
Debian Sarge) anyway and I can submit it of course. ;-)

Yet it is still very useful to run a DNS server on the same machine, as
the number of DNS queries per email is a bit less than after the initial
patch but still very high.

/.
DocSnyder.