It took me awhile to get it right, but I finally did yesterday;^)

I'm running FreeBSD 4.7, Postfix, Procmail, SA2.61, on Perl 5.8 and had a bear
of a time getting the processes on my 1.8Ghz 1GB ram, IBM SCSI drives with
each partition required by an email server;^) At times my process would go
through the roof and I even witnessed one occurance of over 100.

What I did in the past couple days was to update all my CPAN modules, and as
the  it's been said, "get it working first", then add all the filters, so I
removed the RBL's, Razor, DCC, Pyzor, and Va-laa, I watched my processing of
each message go from 27 seconds to as low as 0.03!

So, once I was satisfied with the processes per messages, I added most of the
available *.cf's carefully testing each with "spamassassin -D -lint", and all
was still crusing as desired. Then, I added Razor2 which was causing timeouts
of about 10 seconds, so I removed it and am now working with DCC and Pyzor
which are performing as well as I could wish.

I tried anomly yesterday, but ran into some issues for a site-wide setup with
what appeared to be double **SPAM** subject rewrites, so I gave up and have
been using Procmail alone, until time permits further research, tuning, and
testing.

In any regard, I hope sharing my experience helps.

Best 'net regards,
Joe