At 08:47 AM 1/1/2004, you wrote:
Hi!  I've been using spamassassin at my ISP for a while and am very happy
 with it.  Now, I've had to change my ISP, and want to run spamassassin at
 home with my e-mail client.  I set everything up as I believe that it should
 be, but it does not work.  More to the point the ".forward" command (I use
 Linux) does not work.  My suspicion is that either all of this does not work
 on an e-mail client, but it needs an e-mail server -- or -- I do not have
 procmail or perl set up correctly (I think that I do).

Does spamassassin work with an e-mail client -- I connect now to Earthlink
over a cable connection.

The Unix version of SpamAssassin must be called somehow - usually with a procmail filter by your MUA. But it sounds more like you're running the Windows version?

Evan