On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, oj wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Recentry i have had problem with spam that consist of html and one image only.
> The image is fetched from different domains each time. The domains have one
> thing in common though. They are all registered by the same registry:
>    Whois Server: whois.paycenter.com.cn
>    Referral URL: http://www.paycenter.com.cn
> And they are an accreddited ICCAN registry. It seams like the spammers have
> got their own registry. Thus they can come up with new domains all the time at
> low cost. Is there any rules based on registry of domains urls?
>
> Maybe this is a bit far fetched, but i really want this spammer gone.
>
> regards, Ove Jansson

Yet another instance of globalization, spam-haus out-sourcing to China. ;(

I think that if you check the DNS "NS" records for all those spam-domains
registerd thru paycenter.com.cn, you'll find that they all have the
same DNS Naming-Server hosting. (at least all the ones that I've seen so
far do).
It would be much easier to do a NS record lookup within SA than do a
"whois" check. Probably take a custom "eval" rule, but should be do-able.

Dave

#include <std_disclaimer.h>